Sometimes I wonder; Do I paint my own retina to fall asleep - and wake up - to...?

"When the soul wishes to experience something she throws an image of the experience out before her and enters into her own image."
(M. Eckhart)


Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Light is returning - it's Christmas - and a New Year is Arriving

'The Other Story'
(based on H.C. Andersen's 'Den Standhaftige Tinnsoldat')

This Christmas time is always a bit ambivalent for me....
It's strange - or perhaps it is not -
It IS the time Winter Solstice - the shortest day and the longest night - and the light is Returning - in this part of the planet -   
It makes me remember... a lot;
And so I feel joy with all the joyous moments I remember
And I feel melancholy with all the sad ones 
I guess I die a bit....?
- And then I feel ....ever so slowly.....anticipation....small trembles of something stirring....
Something New....something waking.....
A New Year - a New Time
And I feel Thankful for experiencing this feeling!

No comments: